Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Doctor's Appointment

I forgot to mention that Mom also had an appointment today with her oncologist, Dr. Miller. She described how she is feeling - much better overall. He agreed that he could notice a difference himself. Some of her mini-symptoms (swelling feet, for example) he is attributing to the steroids, which are now no longer being taken and probably working their way completely out of her system. So hopefully we will observe those symptoms vanish as well.

She also had a visit from a physical therapists arranged by Hospice, who showed her some exercises to help her leg/hip strength. She can practice them either in bed or in a chair. We are hoping with some strengthening, she will experience an easier time getting up and down from a sitting position.

I need to also add some names to the list of folks who visited today. In addition to Grandmom and Grandad and Gaye, Mom was visited by Janet Mertz, Aunt Lisa, Jessica, and Andrew... and of course Dad as well. Hope I didn't leave anyone out.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Trisha-Janet and I will begin to work on our project on Thursday evening. I want to thank you again for thinking of me to help with this. I am looking forward to some good laughs, maybe a few tears-but mostly just spending some time with each other. I'll keep you posted!
Heather